Cardinal Rules of Crisis Communication in the wake of the Paula Deen Today Show interview
By Fineman PR
June 26th, 2013
- Address those who may have been hurt or offended. Acknowledge the hurt you may have caused.
- Don’t defend the indefensible by deflecting blame.
- Take your measure of responsibility; do not play the victim.
- Don’t go on the Today Show if your reputation has been severely compromised; do not compound the “original sin.”
- Apologize sincerely; then assume a low profile for a few months.