Established nearly 50 years ago, The Limited is a heritage brand for the working woman, well-positioned in the retail sweet spot by offering quality, stylish classics at an attractive price point. Beginning in 2011, the brand updated its point of view on fashion and revamped its brick-and-mortar shopping experience. The Limited recognized California as a significant opportunity to reach influential audiences and introduce the new face of the brand to fashion-centric audiences. The Limited planned to open five new locations and one remodeled store across California in 2012, launching a statewide initiative to reconnect with its target consumer and regional media.
- Develop buzz among consumers for the opening/remodeling of new California stores.
- Drive foot traffic to the new brick-and-mortar locations.
- Focus on traditional media wins rather than a digital engagement strategy for industry credibility.
- Position The Limited as a vested community partner in the markets it serves.
- “Re-launch The Limited in California as a brand evolution story to business/retail and fashion media audiences.
- Fineman PR leveraged a statewide announcement regarding The Limited’s growth, expansion and brand reintroduction as a timely and relevant opportunity to earn statewide coverage and lay a credible foundation for approaching individual market interest.
- Introduce The Limited’s new perspective on fashion to targeted influencers and bloggers.
- Fineman PR engaged The Limited’s CEO as brand spokesperson with regional bloggers for exclusive interviews, giveaways and social media promotion opportunities to engage their audiences.
- Host and promote a series of launch events which featured strategic partnerships, including local business affiliations, shopping mall associations, universities and nonprofit organizations. Reaffirm The Limited’s commitment to the communities it serves as well as its mission of empowering women’s success through style.
- Fineman PR established new relationships and developed concepts tailored to each region to support direct mail marketing efforts. Strong, hyperlocal ties and incentives for partnerships helped perpetuate word-of-mouth and create relevancy for coverage
- Our work to promote three market openings and the expansion story resulted in a total of 129 media stories, with more than 10 million impressions. In each market, we generated feature coverage on television, radio, in daily print, monthly magazines and online/social media.
- Fashion industry and national interest for brand “re-launch” announcement centered on California. This not only established credibility for larger feature stories in the state but also set the stage for the campaign’s regional rollout and created groundswell buzz with retail media anticipating new stores to come.
- Influential blogger interviews helped create a large local following that drove (and surpassed) weekend foot traffic and sales targets.
- Strong partner relationships provided a highly visible and connected membership base with brand alignment to The Limited, leading to coverage on their websites and social media channels.