Fineman PR was tasked with ensuring public support of a financial collaboration between Sequoia Healthcare District and Catholic Healthcare West (CHW) to finance hospital upgrades.
State required upgrades and seismic retrofitting of Sequoia Hospital, the primary healthcare facility for client Sequoia Healthcare District, could not be completed due to high construction costs and limited funding.
CHW agreed upon an innovative collaborative financing agreement to fund the upgrades, which would transition ownership of the Hospital to CHW but save the Hospital as a cherished community resource.
- Joint press conference and news release distribution to announce the general terms of the agreement between the District and CHW.
- District representation and distribution of informative materials at community events and festivals; community information sessions.
- “Letter to the Community” advertorials in local newspapers and as direct-mail to District households; meetings with the editorial boards of all four local newspapers.
- The collaborative financing agreement funding the seismic retrofit and modernization of Sequoia Hospital was approved, and ground was broken for a newly rebuilt Hospital.
- Fineman PR successfully helped the District persuade residents and local media of the arrangement’s extensive benefits to the community.
- Fineman PR successfully obtained balanced, largely positive coverage for the District’s decision in nearly every targeted local publication including the San Francisco Chronicle, San Jose Mercury News, San Francisco Examiner, San Mateo County Times, San Mateo Daily News, San Mateo Daily Journal and Menlo Park Almanac. In addition, several local newspapers printed editorials in favor of the Hospital agreement.